Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark Longstreath

Chandon Lee McGrath, USA, 2006

4 posts in this topic

Mark;

When I read all this stuff I can't figure out who won? In basic English did the family win or those who were responsible for the death of their son. The Father  was a Coast Guard Officer forced to retire from the Coast Guard because he pushed so hard on the matter.

Bobby Delise is a sponsor of this site and the legal representative for Karen McGrath, could he proved the answer to your question here?

I have the pleasure of representing Chandon's parents.  This matter resolved in 2007.  The family secured a settlement the specifics of which are confidential.

The ruling that is posted occurred after the settlement and dealt with contractual issues dealing with indemnification of the defense of one of the cases that was still ongoing when the ruling was decided. The issue was a contractual issues between the diving contractor and the general contractor on the project.  There were three substantial claims filed as a result of this tragedy. 

No party "won" or lost the Chandon McGrath claim because the matter settled before trial.

Bobby Delise

2 people like this